In today’s episode, we cover belief systems with Dr. Stan Beecham. Dr. Beecham is a sport psychologist, the director and founding member of the Leadership Resource Center, and the author of Elite Minds: How Winners Think Differently to Create a Competitive Edge and Maximize Success.
Beliefs define how we think about ourselves and the world around us, so what can you do to examine your own beliefs and understand if they are leading you to a better life or a worse one, and how can you change your beliefs if you realize they’re leading you down the wrong path?
What to Listen For
- What questions can you ask yourself to better understand your beliefs and values and how they influence your behavior?
- Why is it important to the people around you for you to work on yourself and constantly strive to be better?
- Why is happiness the wrong goal to aim for if you want a fulfilling life, and what should you aim for instead?
- Why is it important to examine your values and beliefs?
- How do your beliefs and values influence your ability to pay attention and how will they prevent you from seeing a reality that will lead you to fail?
- How do you rewrite the beliefs that are holding you back so you don’t miss out on countless opportunities to be successful and lead a fulfilling life?
- How should we perceive confidence in a way that allows us to be more confident?
- What can you do to overcome the urge to compare yourself to others?
What you believe influences how you perceive the world around you and what you get out of life. If you want to live a better life, achieve more success, or become the best version of yourself, it’s critical that you understand what you believe and why you believe what you believe. Going through life without an understanding of your beliefs and values is like wandering through a forest with a compass without understanding what north, south, east, and west are. Sure, you can follow the arrow on the compass because that seems normal, but will that get you to where you want to be? Only by sheer luck.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!