About This Episode
Uncertainty is an unavoidable part of life, and for many, it can feel overwhelming – but what important lessons can your relationship with uncertainty teach you, how can you improve the relationship with uncertainty, and what are some real-world examples of handling uncertainty in a positive way?
What to Listen For
- How can purpose help you overcome and push through uncertainty in life when making big decisions as well as small decisions?
- What exercise can you start doing now to help you deal with anxiety and uncertainty in your everyday life?
- How does indecisiveness impact the feeling of uncertainty in life and what can you do if you have a bad relationship with indecisiveness?
- What is the best advice for someone entering a leadership role at work for the first time?
- Why is communication so important in a leadership or management role and what tips can you start implementing today to improve your team’s productivity?
- What do many of us do to contribute to a toxic work environment and what can you do to start reversing the damage before it’s too late?
- How do you make friends when moving to a new city where you don’t know anyone?
- What easy questions can you use at the next meetup or networking event to spark conversations with new people?
- What’s the best way to follow up with new contacts after a networking event?
- What is the Social Sales Funnel and why is it so effective at building new friendships and relationships no matter where you live?
As humans, we evolved to look for patterns in order to feel more secure about our surroundings, because a lack of familiarity in the wild could mean you are not in a safe location. Uncertainty makes its appearance in the form of not knowing how something will turn out – that job interview, the presentation at work, the third date with your new crush, whether or not you’ll be able to sell the house in time, etc. The list goes on forever because there is an infinite number of events to be uncertain about, and depending on how attached you are to the event (or more likely, the outcome of the event), the more stress and anxiety the uncertainty can cause you.
It is critical to your future happiness and success to be comfortable with the discomfort uncertainty brings because life is full of uncertainty and there is no way to eliminate it from your life. Start building a positive relationship with uncertainty today and you will certainly be closer to a more enjoyable life tomorrow.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Visit dukecannon.com right now and get 15% off your first order with the promo code CHARM. Free shipping on orders over $35.
Go to stateandliberty.com and type in the code CHARM to get 10% off your first order or mention this podcast at any of their locations.
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!