(Download Episode Here)
About This Episode
Toxic relationships exist in all of our lives in varying degrees, but what defines a toxic relationship, how can you identify toxic relationships in your life, and what can you do if you find out you are exhibiting toxic behavior?
What to Listen For
- What is the definition of toxic when it comes to relationships?
- How do you recognize when a relationship is toxic and what can you do to rectify the situation or walk away from it?
- What are the 7 surefire ways of identifying a toxic person and what is the best way to handle
- How can you recognize when you are the toxic half of a relationship and what can you start doing now to make sure you don’t ruin the relationship?
- What 2 simple questions can you ask yourself to determine if a relationship is toxic?
- Can you rid yourself completely of toxic relationships?
- What does it mean to be high value?
- What are 3 high values behaviors you can identify in non toxic individuals and how can you implement them in your own life?
- What does it mean to exhibit cooperative behavior and why is it important if you want healthy relationships and significantly less stress?
Toxic individuals and toxic relationships are an unavoidable part of interacting with other people. It’s a numbers game – if you meet enough people you will eventually bring toxic people into your life. That’s ok, what matters is how you handle the situation once it’s in front of you. And while toxic relationships can have a damaging impact on your life in a variety of ways, it’s important to remember that the toxic individuals are still human, and aren’t necessarily bad – they’re just bad for you.
We all go through phases in our lives and each of these phases asks different things of us and of those people we bring into our lives. It’s important for you to be conscious of what is good for you and what is detrimental, and just because a relationship or friendship is toxic for you at one time it does not necessarily mean that person can never be a part of your life. Establish boundaries, allow yourself to forgive from time to time, and prioritize your health and your needs – always put your oxygen mask on before helping the person next to you.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Squarespace is the all-in-one solution for anyone looking to create a beautiful website. Check out squarespace.com/charm for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, use the offer code CHARM to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain”
Resources from this Episode
Episode 740: How Defined Values Lead to Long-term Happiness | w/ Russ Harris
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
AJ on Instagram
Johnny on Instagram