In today’s episode, we cover leadership, integrity, and team building with Jake Wood. Jake is the CEO of Team Rubicon, one of America’s most celebrated nonprofit organizations, and the author of “Once a Warrior: How One Veteran Found a New Mission Closer to Home”.
Leadership is a skill that evolves with every opportunity we are given to use it, so what can you do to develop your leadership skills, maintain your integrity throughout your journey, and build an exceptional team around you that will have your back every step of the way?
What to Listen For
- What does Team Rubicon do and what led to Jake Wood starting it?
- What can you do to instill integrity in your kids, or the next generation as a whole?
- What practices can you implement in your daily personal or professional life to maintain your integrity so you don’t go back on your values in difficult situations?
- Who should you look to in order to build leadership and team management skills so you’re not wasting your time fumbling in the dark?
- How do you know when to lead and when to follow?
- Why is storytelling important when starting and running a business, and why can avoiding it lead your business to failure?
- What strategy can you use to take on new skills for upcoming challenges in life?
Life is one learning opportunity after another, and if you let the success of one get to your head, you can miss out on countless others. Humility is a crucial aspect of leadership because the best teams consist of members who each have different strengths, and the best leaders surround themselves with people who are better than them, thus allowing the leader to make the best use of his team instead of trying to rely solely on his or her skills. Great leadership and excellent cooperation are what allowed humanity to accomplish some of our greatest feats.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!