In today’s episode, we cover getting unstuck from your busy mind with Dr. Jessica Borushok. Jessica is an award winning author and recognized expert in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy who has helped hundreds transform their relationship with their thoughts and optimize their world.
Busy minds keep many of us up late at night needlessly worrying, so what can we do to calm our minds so we can be more present and more productive and what does science say about why our minds race?
What to Listen For
- What does science say about why our minds race when we’re bored?
- What are the two ways we use social media and which one is detrimental to your mental and emotional well being?
- Has technology made our minds busier, and if so, how do we deal with it?
- Is an affinity for worrying a result of nature or nurture?
- What question can you ask yourself to figure out if you’re worrying to solve problems or just worrying because you can’t quiet your mind?
- What can you do to calm your mind when it’s racing?
- What is the best way to connect with other people?
- How can you know how to be authentic if you don’t know who your authentic self is?
- What questions can you ask yourself to decide if your present actions are helping or hurting you?
Our minds are great at manufacturing an endless stream of thoughts, but most of our thoughts are not worth our valuable attention, otherwise we would never get anything done. We also can’t just shut our minds off because it’s the mind’s job to never stop thinking, so what can you do if you feel you are constantly overwhelmed with what is going on between your ears? Most importantly, remember that you are not your thoughts – you are the observer of your thoughts. Your mind is like a roommate you can never kick out, so it’s crucial that you build a healthy relationship with it rather than trying to fight it.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Hiring used to be hard. Multiple job sites, stacks of resumes, a confusing review process. But today, hiring can be easy and you only have to go to one place to get it done: ziprecruiter.com/CHARM. ZipRecruiter is so effective that 4 out of 5 of employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day.
Resources from this Episode
- The Busy Mind Psychologist – Dr. Jessica’s website
- Dr. Jessica on Instagram
- Busy Mind Reboot: 30 Days to Your Best Self
Check in with AJ and Johnny!