In today’s episode, we cover the myth about success with David Meltzer. David is the Co-founder of Sports 1 Marketing and formerly served as CEO of the renowned Leigh Steinberg Sports & Entertainment agency, which was the inspiration for the movie Jerry Maguire.
While “money can’t buy happiness” is a phrase most people in today’s world are familiar with, many of us still chase after money as if it will buy us happiness – so what is it about this truth we can’t seem to let go of and what can you do every day to lead a more fulfilling life without money?
What to Listen For
- What is the biggest myth about success?
- What does it mean to “shop for the right things” and why is that phrase so important when you start attaining financial success?
- How do you start practicing gratitude when you feel like you have nothing to be grateful for?
- What are the 3 votes you make each day that influence whether or not you can live a successful, fulfilling life?
- What 3 concepts can you internalize that will give you motivation on a daily basis?
- What 5 daily practices can you start implementing today to help you achieve your dreams?
We grow up being told that money doesn’t buy happiness and yet we are surrounded and bombarded with messages about the crap we need to buy in order to make our lives better (aka to make us happier). And many of us are raised in a culture where we expect to give/receive material gifts every year (Christmas, birthdays, etc) because they’ll bring us joy (aka happiness). We have to be able to recognize these signals and then we must be willing to take steps to live outside of them – aware of them, but dismissive of how silly they are.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm3-staging.uczbly1-liquidwebsites.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Resources from this Episode
- David Meltzer’s website
- Game-Time Decision Making – by David Meltzer
- The Playbook – hosted by David Meltzer
- Don’t Take Yes for an Answer – by Steve Herz
- Steve Herz | Why Critical Feedback is Important and How to Ask for It
- Think And Grow Rich – by Napoleon Hill
- A Course in Miracles
- The Power of Intention – by Wayne Dyer
Check in with AJ and Johnny!